Vehicles are subjected to daily dirt and grime. As you travel around your car builds up immense amounts of debris, some of it not even visible to the human eye. Just about every inch of your car is vulnerable. We all know a clean car looks great but some of these unexpected benefits of regular car washing might surprise you.
- Preserve your paint. The effects of built-up dirt, oils and various other substances can be very detrimental to your paint job. As dirt settles into your clear coat it can cause scratches and dullness to your exterior paint. If you get a stone chip in your clear coat, salt or grime can buildup and attack the metal. Bugs are obviously unsightly when they hit your vehicle, but they also release amino acids that can damage a vehicle’s clear coat. The sooner you remove any dirt or other residues the longer your vehicle will retain its “new paint job” look. Flagstop’s car wash services will help keep that grime and dirt off your car and from settling into the paint.
- Protect your investment. Keeping your car clean inside and out helps retain its value. When shopping for a used car you look at how well it was cared for by the previous owner. It’s vital to keep this in mind when you have a car that you might sell one day. Washing your car regularly helps prevent rust and scratches as well as paint fading and damage, all of which take away from the value. If you ever want to trade-in or sell, you’ll want your car looking its best. An important rule to remember is “the better your car looks the more value it will hold over the years”.
- Stay safe. If your car accumulates debris it can actually become a safety hazard. Car windows, mirrors, and headlights have a tendency to easily accumulate oil, dirt, and even bugs. Even a very small amount of buildup can greatly limit visibility. If you notice any type of debris on windows and mirrors be sure to wipe them off. Our express wash with our specially formulated Bug Buster option is your best line of defense against unsightly buildup.
- Confidence and pride. Think about when you are getting ready to go out to a nice dinner and want to look your best. You put on your nicest outfit and shoes because you want to look good and feel good. The same feeling applies to driving around in a clean, shiny vehicle. When your car is dull and dirty you might even be embarrassed to be seen driving it, but when it’s clean you’ll want to show it off. At Flagstop we take pride in helping your vehicle look its best.
- Prevents illness. You might be surprised to know that a dirty vehicle can actually affect your health. As you run errands or go to work you encounter surfaces that have germs, so you wash your hands several times a day. The germs that come into contact with your car are also a cause for concern. As you drive throughout the day, think of all the contaminated surfaces a vehicle can come into contact with. Roads are very dirty, even if they appear to be clear. Keeping your car clean goes a long way to help you avoid germs that can get on your door handles and other exterior surfaces. At Flagstop we even have a location that offers a 24-hour in-bay automatic wash. This particular wash service is always open rain or shine. This location offers plenty of do-it-yourself cleaning products in a vending machine so you can keep your vehicle clean at any hour.
Flagstop Car Wash is proud to offer you convenient service locations and we encourage you to take advantage of the RVA Wash Club membership which offers unlimited washes with no contracts or hidden enrollment fees. Keep your vehicle clean inside and out and enjoy your vehicle at its best. Visit us online or stop by one of our locations and see what all the buzz is about. We look forward to seeing you and your car soon.