Month: February 2020
Your vehicle is an expensive asset. On top of that, most people take pride in their cars. This is why keeping them shiny and clean is important. Washing your car keeps it functioning well and keeps the paint job looking fresh. For some, taking the car through the car wash is a drag, while others have turned car washing into a hobby.
Washing your car several times a month is normal – in fact, you may even want to wash it a couple of times a week. As long as you’re washing your car properly, there’s no such thing as washing your car too much.
What Happens if You Wash Your Car Too Much?
Washing your car every week, or several times a month will not hurt the car’s mechanics or paint job. Of course, if you want to preserve your car’s sheen as long as possible, it’s important to use high-quality cleaning products that will not eat away at the paint. Flagstop Car Wash uses only the best, eco-friendly products in our washes to keep your vehicle protected with every wash.
How to Properly Wash Your Car
If you do wash your car weekly, make sure you’re doing it right. If you want to avoid damaging the car, try a professional service. Car washes always use the latest and best products that keep your car looking good. Running your car through the car wash, it’ll get the exact treatment it needs. Professional-grade cleaning agents will keep your windshield free of dirt and sap. An underbody flush keeps salt from building up on your undercarriage and wheels. Plus, the whole process is quick and easy!
If you are a DIY fan and enjoy washing your car yourself, follow these steps to make sure you get the best wash possible:
- Use vehicle-safe soap and water. Avoid using rough sponges. If you must scrub your car, use something soft, like microfiber sponges and cloths to avoid accidentally scratching the paint or the glass on your car.
- If you don’t have space or materials to wash your car at home, try one of our self-service car wash bays. Flagstop has everything you need from quality soap and waxes to polish your exterior, to top-notch materials to clean the inside of your car.
- Use soft materials when drying your car after a wash.
- Dry your car thoroughly so you don’t have water spots.
- Be gentle when scrubbing anything sticky off your car – it’s easy to get over-enthusiastic and end up with a scratch.
- Always use wax or some type of finish after you’re done rinsing off your car.
Take care of your car and you can avoid costly damage.
Best Car Washes in Virginia
If your car needs a thorough cleaning, try Flagstop Car Wash. We have eleven locations throughout the Richmond, Chesterfield, and tri-cities areas. With many years of experience in the business, we provide Virginia residents with all the best tools for keeping a clean vehicle. We have self-service stations, full-service washes, and even pet washing stations. We use only the highest-quality cleaning products that enhance your vehicle’s look and preserve the paint. Stop by one of our full-service or express wash locations today. If you have any questions, give us a call at 804-782-9274.